CASE STUDY Download
CLIENTForest Grove Lumber
Beauty and strength for wood products.
Integrated brand identity and business system components help establish a strong brand and reflect the company's market leadership in high-quality building timbers.
Forest products manufacturer.
Lumber wholesalers and distributors, retail lumberyards, architects and contractors, home owners.
Broaden interest in Forest Grove Lumber products among targeted audiences; strengthen market share within traditional customer base. Elevate perceptions of quality, particularly with architects. Emphasize the beauty of and kiln-dried process for Tru-Dry® timbers and Accuruff® textures to continue sales growth and reach new markets.
Forest Grove Lumber was growing and wanted to promote their unique radio frequency kiln-dried products into high-end homes and commercial establishments. Ideal for exposed wood-frame construction, the timbers they produced could be ordered in different textures, from a rough-sawn finish to hand-hewn. The company knew they wanted to reach homeowners.
They asked for advertising in consumer magazines like Better Homes & Garden. We suggested they target specifiers — architects — to reduce advertising costs and create a more focused campaign. And we recommended an updated logo and identity to increase perceptions of quality while showing off the beauty of the wood products.
With a new brand identity, we created a campaign designed to reach those important specifiers and distinguish FGL from other wood products providers.
- A series of trade ads reached wholesalers and showed off the timbers in living spaces
- A new portfolio-style sales packet generated response and supported sales calls and trade shows
- A set of brochures were designed to work in a binder for architects or in a portfolio rather than a sales folder. Detailed specifications could be added to the binder and each brochure could stand on its own if needed
- Pull up banners increased visibility at national and regional shows
Establish brand elements around new identity; create an integrated system of advertising, retail and trade displays and sales literature to communicate exceptional quality and personal commitment to service.
- Logo and identity system
- Stationery package
- Trade ads
- Sales literature and portfolio
- Sales binder for architects
- Pull up banners for small shows and conferences
- Trade show booth
Increased inquiries for Tru-Dry® and Accuruff® and expanded interest for FGL among industry and trade audiences. Inquiries at an architects trade show doubled after the new branding.
- Suite of New Materials: ReBrand 100 Awards, 2008, Enterprise Rebrand for an Entire Company: Merit
- Folder and Four Sales Brochures: International Davey Awards, 2007, Print Collateral — Sales Kit/Folder: Gold
I really appreciate what Creative Company has done for us. With our new identity, booth and sales literature, we doubled the number of inquiries we received at a key industry trade show for architects.